Thai rice and salmon cakes with yoghurt sauce
- 1/2 cup medium grain brown rice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 spring onions
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 415g can red salmon
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup low-fat grated cheddar
- 125g green beans
- 2 tablespoons wholemeal plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon kecap manis
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
2. Cook rice following packet directions (absorption method). Allow to cool.
3. Drain, de-bone and flake salmon
4. Chop spring onions, coriander and beans
5. Crush garlic and grate cheese
6. Mix together salmon, coriander, cheese, beans, flour, egg and kecap manis.
7. Using 2 level tablespoons of mixture at a time, shape into patties.
8. Place on a large baking tray lined with baking paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
9. Make Dipping sauce: Combine yoghurt and sauce in a small bowl. Cover. Refrigerate.
10. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or fry in olive oil in batches.
11. Serve patties with Julienne vegetables and dipping sauce.
First Knife (Ages 2+)