Roast Pumpkin Soup
1 butternut pumpkin
3 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1 tablespoon oil
3-4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
lite sour cream to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Dice pumpkin and remove seeds
- Remove skin from onion and cut into large chunks
- Separate garlic cloves but keep skin on
- In a bowl combine pumpkin, onion, garlic, spices and oil
- Place on baking paper on tray and bake for about 30 minutes
- Wash or peel carrots and potatoes and cut into small pieces
- Remove tray from oven and allow garlic to cool a little then remove skin
- In a large pan combine carrots, potatoes, roasted pumpkin mix and stock (the stock should just cover vegetables)
- Allow to simmer for about 15-20 minutes
- Blend soup
- Serve with a dollop of lite sour cream
Next Knife (Ages 6+)
FREE SHIPPING ON FOOST PRODUCTS WORLDWIDE!
For kids in the kitchen with a bit more experience, this knife cuts food, not little helping fingers.
Ages 6+, dishwasher and sibling safe.
(For younger children, try Foost First Knife for ages 2+.)
Try some of our recipes for kids in the kitchen!
Contact us to discuss bulk and educational pricing.